Of course using the right anti-aging creams is an important part of slowing down the signs of aging on your face. However, it’s more important for you to understand the underlying causes of aging so you know what strategies to take to nourish your body and help slow down the aging process to an optimal level.
Anti-Aging – Overview
Aging is a process and a part of life. This is a fact that we have to accept and embrace. Scientists have now got a deeper understanding of the fundamental causes of aging that they foresee people live healthily at age 120 within the next few decades. Scientists believe that it’s possible for us to live up to our maximum life span as long as long as we address the causes of aging. This can be achieved by leading a well-balanced lifestyle. That is, not only do you need to use a good anti-wrinkles cream, you also need to take care of your body with the most suitable diet, nutrients, exercises and environment. In addition, you need to look after your mind by maintaing a sense of inner peace.
Main Causes Of Aging
If you’re trying to get rid of the wrinkles with the top-rated wrinkle creams, you may want to take a step further by understanding what causes aging in the first place. There are many causes of aging, but on the physiology level they can be boiled down to four main causes. These include:
- Free radicals
- Chronic inflammation
If you are able to address these four main causes of aging, you’ll not only find your anti-wrinkling cream effective, but you’ll also feel healthier from within because the process of aging has been slowed down in your body. Let’s take a deeper look at each.
Free radicals are produced in our body as a result of oxidation. They are highly unstable molecules with a missing electron. In order to stablize, they are constantly seeking for that missing electron from other tissues in our bodies. As a result of the “stolen” electron, that particular tissues become damaged. The formation of free radicals, if in small amounts, is a natural and unavoidable process tolerable by our bodies. When, however, the formation of the free radicals becomes excessive, problems begin. Unfortunately most of us live in a world where air pollutants, toxic chemicals and radiation are inevitable and causing the excessive formation of free radicals in our bodies. To help reduce the damage caused by free radicals, there are a few ways:
- limit the amount of toxins in your body by avoiding foods with excessive chemicals
- increase intake of whole foods rich in anti-oxidants
Anti-oxidants have the power to neutralize free radicals by giving away one electrons that these oxidant molecules are seeking out for. This is why some of the most effective wrinkle creams use anti-oxidants as their key ingredients. Some of the anti-oxidants are listed below:
- Vitamins A, C and E – are three of the commonly recognized anti-oxidants that you may already be aware of. Although they are all necessary for our bodies, they are not the strongest anti-oxidants.
- Lutein, Bilberry, Green Tea Extract, Grape Extract – are some of the more powerful anti-oxidants than the vitamins. This is why many natural anti-age anti-wrinkle skincare products today are formulated with green tea and grape seed extracts as key ingredients.
- L-Glutathione – one of the really dominant anti-oxidants that can be taken with your diet as a supplement. To make it effective, it has be of superior quality so it can be successfully absorbed by our systems.
Glycation is the process in which the glycating agents (such as glucose molecules) attach themselves with the valuable protein molecules setting off a vicious chain reaction resulting in poisonous and toxic end-products in our bodies. This process is harmful to our health and can cause various diseases such as heart disease when the arteries are thickened as a result of glycation. It also causes aging in our skin as the collagens (protein molecules) are damaged by glycation. That’s why glycation is even more harmful to our health than free radicals. To protect yourself from glycation, there are a few things you can do:
- limit your intake of foods with glycating agents (carbohydrates and sugars)
- deactivate the glycating agents’ ability to attach to protein molecules
- prevent the vicious chain reaction that cause harmful end-products from happening.
Now you may be wondering how you can achieve the second and third actions. According to sciencific research, there is a dipeptide called Carnosine that can accomplish the tasks by neutralizing the glycating agents and protecting the protein molecules from being linked to form toxic end-products. Carnosine can be taken as a supplement with your meals.
Methylation is a process in which a methyl group (with the molecular structure of CH3) is passed to a range of molecules such as components of proteins and DNA. This is a necessary process as it helps our bodies get rid of toxins within the cells, repair damaged DNA, and produce new cells.
If the methylation process is not working at an optimal level, it will cause damage to the cells including the DNA. A harmful substance called homocysteine starts to build up in the blood as a result of poor methylation.
High levels of homocysteine are usually closely related to heart disease, diabetes, cancers, depression, Parkinson’s disease, and other degenerative diseases. This also causes the acceleration of the aging process.
Poor methylation is usually caused by a deficient supply of methyl groups that are needed for the process, or a deficiency in the essential nutrients which help the process.
To improve methylation, which in essence is to reduce the homocysteine level, you can increase the compounds that help supply the necessary methyl groups in the blood. These compounds include
- the B Vitamins and folic acid
- Tri-Methyl-Glycine (TMG)
- S-Adenosyl-Methionien (SAMe)
Based on research currently the best and most effective methylating agents is SAMe, a natural chemical found in our cells. SAMe can be taken as a supplement.
Chronic inflammation is an on-going inflammation that has gone out of control causing progressive damage to the body tissues leading to various diseases.
There is no single cause of chronic inflammation. The real cause of chronic inflammation is interrelated to the other three causes of aging: free radicals, glycation, and methylation.
If this process is not under control, excessive of which can cause the build up of toxins in the body that can lead to damage of body tissues. Chronic inflammation can cause various diseases includingheart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
To prevent chronic inflammation, there are two approaches:
- take Omega fish oil (for its anti-inflammatory properties) as supplementary nutrients to reduce inflammation
- increase the intake of nutrients including: Flavanoids, Alpha lipoic acid, Carnosine, Turmeric, Glutathion, and Reveratrol that work in synergy with Omega 3 fish oil
We hope with this article you have gained a better understanding about the causes of aging. Hopefully you will have a better idea of what you need to do to be healthy, energetic and young-looking. We are confident that if you provide your body with the vital nutrients that it needs, along with using the right anti-age cream, you will enjoy vibrant health and that charming glow!
Readers of this article are also interested in:
- Natural Anti-Aging Skincare Recipies – Ebook Review
- Get The Facts Before Buying The Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams
- Why Love Is The Best Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredient
- Beyond The Cream For Anti-Aging
- Finding Creams For Anti-Aging And Understanding The Underlying Causes Of Aging
- Tips To Help You Choose The Best Anti Age Cream