With so many products sold in department stores, in drugstores and on the Internet, how do you know what is the best anti-aging cream and if it will really work for you? And do you know that despite the abundance of advice out there, only a few are backed by good scientific evidence?
If you are searching for a skin anti-aging cream, we have established a checklist to go over and make sure that the product you buy is the right one.
Check The Active Ingredients
When browsing through anti-aging products, often times you will see brands that are not recognizable. One factor that helps you evaluate the products will be the active ingredients each contains.
Here is a list of some common ingredients that may achieve improvement in the appearance of wrinkles.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) are synthetic acids that serve as exfoliants that removes the upper layer of old, dead skin promoting the growth of smooth and even-complexioned skin. Try to find creams that have concentrations of 8%-10% with a PH level of 3-4 which is the most common combination used by the more successful creams out there.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrient that helps regulate energy production in cells. Some studies have shown reduction in fine wrinkles around the eyes with no side effects. Other studies show that application before sun exposure protects against sun damage.
- Copper Peptides are formed by combining copper with small protein fragments to enhance wound healing, stimulate the production of collagen, and may enhance the action of antioxidants.
- Keratin is a protein responsible for the skin’s strength. It helps increase the production of new skin cells, increase the strength of collagen and elastin fibers, reduce inflammation and redness.
- Tea extracts are obtained from green, black and oolong teas that contain compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Green tea extracts are the ones most commonly found in wrinkle creams.
When you’ve found a few products with some or all of the above ingredients, then move on to the next step.
Choose Brands With Good Reputation
Although cost has no absolute relationship to effectiveness, it’s important to focus on a few of the more popular brands, as these usually have been proven by the market to be more effective and successful.
Some of the more successful and best anti-aging skin products on the market include:
Check If The Product Is Right For You
- Side effects – As even some of the top rated anti-aging products may cause skin irritation, rashes or redness, so if you have sensitive skin, be sure to read the product instructions to limit possible side effects
- Individual differences – People have different skin types, so just because a product works on your friend doesn’t mean it will work for you. So it will be helpful to get more opinions from different sources.When you’ve found a few products with some or all of the above ingredients, then move on to the next step.
Read Product Reviews
One of the best ways to help you find a good anti-aging anti-wrinkle cream is to go through product reviews to find out which product is best for you.
For this purpose, we have done extensive research and provided for you our honest reviews on some of the recommended and the best anti-wrinkle cream on the market.
For each review, we provide information including the quality of ingredients, benefits and pricing of the product. We truly hope that these reviews will help you find the most effective anti-aging products.
- Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Finding The Best Anti-Aging Cream For Younger-Looking Skin
- Is A Top-Rated Anti-Wrinkle Cream Effective?
- Ingredients In The Most Effective Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Advice On Buying The Best Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Buying The Best Aging Creams – Get The Facts First