Many products promise to improve the appearance of appearance of wrinkles. Some claim to prevent or reduce wrinkles, or even reverse damage caused by aging and sun exposure. If you’re wondering whether a top rated anti-wrinkle cream really works as it claims, you’re not alone.
To evaluate whether a top-rated anti-aging cream really stands up to the test, here is a guide to help you before making a purchase.
Key Components in Anti-Age Skin Products
There are some common ingredients that are used in the best cream for wrinkles. These components include:
- Antioxidants– very vital components as they prevent oxidation in the skin that leads to wrinkles. Some common antioxidants include Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Retinol – used as antioxidants to neutralize free radicals that cause wrinkles. An improved version of retinol is tretinoin which is more effective. Although they can smoothen wrinkles, both of them may cause redness and irritation.
- Hydroxy Acids – synthetic acids derived from fruits that help to remove the upper layer of old, dead skin and stimulate the growth of smooth skin, as well as promote the production of collagen, a protein that thickens skin and prevents water loss.
- Coenzyme Q-10 -is a nutrient that helps regulate energy in cells and adds fullness and plumpness to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Copper peptides –is an important component to improve wound healing, stimulate the production of collagen, and enhance action of antioxidants.
How Does A Top Anti-Wrinkle Cream Work
Once you find out the common ingredients used in an aging cream, it becomes easier for you to understand how it works.
When the above ingredients are combined in anti-aging products for aging skin, it is supposed to produce the following results:
- Youthful skin – the antioxidants serve to protect the skin from free radicals, a process that came naturally when you were younger.
- Moisturized skin – as dry skin usually leads to wrinkles, this will help fight the signs of aging.
- Firmer skin – when the skin becomes firmer, it also begins to lift, this will give the face an more youthful appearance.
- More elastic skin – as the production of collagen increases, the skin becomes more elastic.
- Healthier skin – when the skin cells become energized, the circulation will improve which will result in healthier and more glowing skin.
How to Identify the Best Anti-Aging Skin Treatment
As a general rule of thumb, the more ingredients listed in a product, the less effective they are as they are more broken down. Therefore, it is better to choose a cream that has ingredients that are more versatile. For instance, Vitamin C is an antioxidant that also stimulate the production of collagen.
Also, as the best strategy to fight wrinkles is prevention, you should start tackling the problem now even when the signs of aging have not appeared. A top anti-aging cream should not only fight already existing wrinkles, but also help prevent them.
Articles Related To Anti-Wrinkle Cream:
- Choosing An Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Finding Your Skin Anti-Aging Cream
- How Does The Best Anti-Wrinkle Cream Work?
- Active Ingredients In The Most Effective Anti-Aging Cream
- Things You Should Know About Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
- Top Anti-Aging Creams And Facts About Aging